Wednesday 13 May 2009

Wednesday.


Snapshot of your blogger in the herb garden.
Got up early this morning and went to Mattins, which Ann and I took. Had breakfast in Church, then walked home. Ann did some grocery shopping in town then drove home. Since then been pottering in workshop - oddjobs. Soup and sandwich lunch, both by Ann, both from last remains of Sunday chicken. It's amazing, when there are only two of you, how far a decent chicken can be made to go (and without monotony or boredom). Lunch was followed - I'm ashamed to say- by a quick 'zizz'. Back in workshop now, waiting for a friend to collect the long case clock movement I 'fixed' on Sunday. More later perhaps, or perhaps not, as we've people coming to Supper. Cheers, Mike.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Nea said...

I'm Bayleaf, I'm the gardener. I works from dusk till dawn...can't remember any more...can you?

Unknown said...

"Oi'm Bayleaf, Oi'm the gaaardener.
Oi works from early dawn.
You'll see me pulling up the weeds,
and tidying the lawn.

Couldn't remember the third line, so I made one up. Second half might have been 'digging up the spuds' or anything that scans and seems a likely occupation for a gardener.

Crowbard said...

I am Sir Basil the King of the herbs,

and I'm very often in trouble,

I'm not very good at sorting things out and

often get in a muddle.

I'm Bayleaf, I'm the gardener,

I work from early dawn,

you'll find me sweeping up the leaves and

tidying the lawn.

I am Constable Knapweed

and I keep law and order,

I watch to see that all is well

along the garden border.

Long live the Herbs!

verification word is amentr
Amen to rubbish?

Crowbard said...

My word! These garden gnomes get frighteningly life-like!