Monday 4 May 2009

Monday.


A Suffolk lane, taken about a month ago, and about five miles from here.

I've just checked back on my blog and find that I started blogging on the 24th April, 2007, which means I've been blogging just over two years. Was rather doubtful about it when I started, but must record that I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Just hope my readers have, too.
In workshop this morning and finished several small jobs, plus did some labelling and packing for Long Melford later in the week. At three o'clock went to Eileen's for scrabble tea, as did friend Hilary. Had two games before tea, both of which Hilary won. After tea (four sorts of sandwiches- all with crusts cut off-of course, and two sorts of cake- Lincolnshire plum cake and apple and cinamon cake- the sort of tea which feels refined and restrained, but leaves you feeling pleasantly replete) we had a further game of scrabble which I won (probably due to the heartening and refreshing affects of that tea). On way home -we walked together- had to look in at Hilary's to admire new carpet in conservatory and her garden- even smaller than ours, but very well stocked and looking well and verdant. Really didn't need much supper after that tea so Ann did us cheese omelette and salad. Done some work on computer plus blog, and now 'time for bed' as Zebedee used to say (Magic Roundabout circa 1960s). Goodnight All.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Crowbard said...

This really has been a magnificent series of photos of your local architecture Mike - and all on a two year apprenticeship! Thank you and well done Sir!

Lori Skoog said...

Mike...Yes...I am very happy to be home. You need to know that I really love your writing style! Two years! I'm very impressed. Keep it up.

Unknown said...

Thank you Carl. Thank you Lori. Your comments are very heartening.

The WV word is babled - needs a another b in the middle, I think.