Wednesday 15 December 2010

Wednesday.


Yesterday drove over to Stanstead Airport, and picked Ann up. She got in at 1800 hours. Good to have her back home.
Been a weird day today. Went to Bury St. Edmund's Hospital this morning for Ann to have another eye examination. As she'd had various drops in her eyes, I drove home. Went to lunch with Judy and David; Brenda and Warren were also there. Judy put on a very good lunch - chestnut soup with homemade bread with sundried tomatoes in it- followed by two puddings (fruit crumble and bread and butter pudding)- then a cheese board, followed by coffee.


It turned out that we were all going on to a theatre in Ipswich - the East Angles Theatre, to see a sort of 'alternative pantomime' called Gills around the Green. Very odd thing - rather fun. The stage was part of the floor in the centre of a long room, and the six of us were in the front row. Towards the end of the first half the hero of the play (juvenile lead I think the theatrical term is), who was playing a horse at the time, stopped in front of us and loudly propositioned ME, at which I looked properly shocked and horrified, and Ann astonished me by leaping to her feet, and chasing him off and around the stage !!!!!!!! It turned out that Ann had been quietly put up to this by a member of the cast a few minutes earlier. She played her part well and got a round of applause for it. She never ceases to surprise me !!!

Above photo is of my third effort at baking a loaf of bread - think I'm beginning to get the hang of it. Been a long and surprising day, and I think Ann has just gone up to bed, so I must join her. Goodnight all.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Glad to hear that Ann got home safe and sound. She must be a great sport to do that at the theater. Your bread looks spectacular!

Z said...

That's brilliant! I'd love to have seen your face.

Unknown said...

Hi Lori. Thank you. Yes, she is.

Dear Z. I'm very glad there wasn't a photographer present.

Crowbard said...

I'm sure you hammed up your unexpected role exquisitely dear chap, but Z has the right of it; such thespian excellence should be recorded for posterity (or at least for hilarity).

Pootatu considers it wonderful 'spork' which is very sporking (sorry, sporting) of her!