Tuesday 6 November 2018

Tuesday.

Motored  over to Ely yesterday, and met up with Ann's three brothers and partners at the Fire Engine  House for lunch, which was quite up to the usual high standard of this  establishment. I had the 'partridge casserole' knowing that I'd get a complete partridge. Good young bird it was, too.  Ann had the haddock and said it was very good.   The staff made the usual offer of more vegetables, and meat. They are so welcoming it's  like having lunch with old friends, although as we've been lunching there for over fifty  years now, that's not surprising, I  suppose.  I do  wonder, though, if I aught to stop telling my blogger friends how good the place  is, in case you all  turn up there and we begin to find difficulty in getting a table. Only joking - we'd love to meet you all there!

Must knock off now, we're expecting vistors for coffee at any moment.

2 comments:

Rough said...

It sounds perfect, although I don't think I've ever tried partridges.

Mike said...

Next time you're over we must remedy this yawning gap in your education, daughter. But not partridges (plural). One of the great things about a partridge is that it's the exact size for a meal for one personb.