Friday 2 November 2018

Friday.


This evening I was working in  the  undercroft when I heard fireworks , called upstairs to Ann (who  had heard them as well) and we went upstairs to one  of the   spare bedrooms (in the front of the house) and got a very good view of  the  firework display which was taking place on the football  field, about two  hundred yards away across the river.  We do this  most years and got about twenty minutes display  of very good fireworks. We both enjoy fireworks very much (I think perhaps I enjoy them  even more than Ann does); my late mother-in-law used to say  that  "men never grow up!" I think she thought it one of the major parts  of  our  charm. She was a wise woman; she  and I  were  good friends.
                                     ___________________________________

Good Night All.





3 comments:

Rough said...

Glad you got to see the fireworks.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Rough. We thoroughly enjoyed them.

Mike said...

Thank you, Rough.We thoroughly enjoyedthem.