Thursday 1 December 2011

Thursday.



Today is the first of December. It doesn't feel like it, it's been a nice mild day, and I really can't remember a lovelier autumn than this has been - not just autumn colours, which have been, and to some extent still are lovely, but for nice, mild weather. As you can see from the garden we still have some splashes of colour. I know we should have pruned the roses by now, and I shall do so soon, but when I do there'll be a few roses for the house; and I do dislike cutting them back when they're still flowering.


  

I must knock off now and go upstairs to help. We've got friends coming for supper. I've got wine cooling (White wine-  Pinot Grigio- I planned to open a Gewurztraminer or so, but Ann said to leave that for when we have some game to give people- good point) and I'd better go and open it to let it breathe for a while before they get here. I don't know that that's really necessary for white wine, but it'll do it no harm.

Good night all.

4 comments:

Liz said...

I'm having real trouble with the date today. How on earth can it be December already?

Enjoy your supper; and the wine.

Rog said...

Make sure your room is at room temperature Mike....

Unknown said...

Thank you Liz.
Now you've got me really worried, Rog. It's white wine, so it should be a little below room temperature. I must go and check every thermometer in sight.

Martin said...

It's a bit more chilly, today, but nothing like this time, last year.

Thanks for dropping by and leaving such a nice comment.