Saturday 24 December 2011

Christmas Eve


Hello, as Ruth is here we're back in business to a small extent. She is trying to make my blog behave itself.
The last week or so have been very busy, although that isn't why I've not been blogging. The reason is that my computer has been playing up very badly again, and refusing to let me into the Armoury dashboard, so I've not been able to blog.  I know the real reason isn't the computer itself but my lack of knowledge of it. I've had it six years now, and I know that I'm still only semi (computer) literate.  If it weren't for enjoying the bloggery and the fact that I can still buy quite well on Ebay, I'd have booted the damn thing off the end of Southwold Pier by now. We don't seem to have stopped in the past few days. Twice in that time we've motored to Stanstead Airport, and last Wednesday we went (via March to pick up daughter Kerry) to South Leicestershire to attend a family funeral, then back again via March to drop Kerry off, and then home. Ann had set the mileometer on the car, and when we checked it we found we'd done just shy of three hundred miles that day.

Just to end on a lighter note, at breakfast earlier this week Ann was reading the newspaper. She said to me "You remember that chap who wrote Watership Down, about a rabbit warren a few years ago? Well somebody has purchased the land area which inspired the book and is going to build houses on it. The author of Watership Down is protesting about it. He's not at all a happy bunny."     At which point I started snorting into me porridge, Ann looked at me in puzzlement, worked out what she'd said, and went on "Oh yes! That was better than I'd intended."

We wish you all a very happy Christmas.
Mike and Ann.

P.s. the picture above is of Strawberry, Ruth and Ann, taken in out kitchen just after we'd got back from Stanstead yesterday evening.

2 comments:

Rog said...

Not a happy bunny! Very Good Mike!

Hope you have a lovely Christmas= - you've been doing more miles than the Tardis!

Crowbard said...

Bless you and all our family with good Christmas cheer, good health and a joyous and prosperous new year Mike. "Love and joy come to you and to you your wassail too!"

PS
Beauteous, charming and caring as I know those three ladies are, your composition immediately called to mind a line of Shakespear...
"When shall we three meet again by water, stock and stone?"
Perhaps a minor reduction of 'red-eye' (no Mike, not the colonial moonshine whiskey) might better reveal their grace and humanity.
While I generally prefer witches to rampant missionary christians I cannot with sincerity say this picture is a good advert for either! Methinks even the Valkyries might quail before this resolute trio.