Wednesday 9 December 2009

Wednesday.

 


Been a busy day today. Got up early to go to early service (deaconing). After service, Ann to physiotherapy, self home. Then back into town, picked Ann up, and drove to friend Terry's house (shown in photo above), about three miles away. Been mending a handle from a seventeenth century spice box for her. Returned (and affixed) handle, had coffee, then home, grabbed quick lunch, then bid at auction in afternoon - telephone bidding- got one lot. Must admit, in late afternoon assumed horizontal posture and had quick zizz, as we have people coming in for our monthly shared meal and discussion group this evening, and am going to have to take a stand about a matter under discussion. Just been reading a blog by fellow blogger 'Four Dinners' who is also about to 'take a stand' and his attitude encourages me. 'Come one, come all. This rock shall fly from its firm base as soon as I' seems to be about the right attitude. Must go, fellow diners/discussers will be here soon. Up guards and at 'em, Four Dinners.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

DILLIGAF said...

What a gorgeous house!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for my 'war'.

Well. They apologised profusely and gave me a chocolate biscuit and a very nice cup of coffee as per my current post.

I think I'm getting soft in my old age...;-)

Unknown said...

As for mine, I made my views known, got a general murmur of agreement (rather to my surprise), and the subject was changed. Oh well......

DILLIGAF said...

Life's too short eh old bean?

I've got Carol and Jacqui and my health so what the hell?

There's many worse off - besides, at least I have a plan for the future.

Some people in that Job Centre haven't a plan for tomorrow.

I wish I could give them hope but, to be honest, many are way beyond that.

Take care old bean and carry on with the pics of these beautiful cottages where I will be retiring one day!!!!...;-)

Lori Skoog said...

I agree! This is quite the house. Now I must go discover Four Dinners.