Thursday 24 December 2009

Thursday (Christmas Eve).

 


Weird day, yesterday. Woke up to find a complete electricity cut in our area. Came on again mid morning, then supply vanished at about 5 p.m. As Ann and I had planned to go to Stanstead to pick up Ruth and the girls, we were a bit bothered about leaving Great Gran in an unheated, unlit, powerless house on her own. We both decided that one of us should stay with her, but G.Gran was having none of it. "If I were at home, and there was a power cut, I'd have to cope with it on my own. Anyway, the best place to be during a power cut is in bed, so if Ann could see me up to bed before you go (planned for a little after 8p.m.) I shall be quite alright on my own." As she was quite adamant about the matter, this is what we did. Ruth's plane was due in from Stockholm at 2230 and in fact she and the girls turned up at about 2320, so that we got home just after 1 a.m. - All was well.
This morning we spent doing last minute shopping, then after lunch, Ann and Ruth walked in to town to do some even more last minutey shopping. I'd asked the girls if they'd care to decorate the Christmas cake, and they liked the idea. I told them that I wanted a Christmassy theme and, of course, perfection. They discussed the matter for a while then told me what they'd planned. It sounded alright,so I got out my cake decorating kit, and left them to it. The above snap is of the girls hard at it, whilst their great grandmother keeps and eye on them. More in a min.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I should have added that just before we left for the airport the electicity came back on (after a couple of false starts) so that we felt a bit better about leaving G.Gran on her own.