Thursday 17 December 2009

Thursday 2.

 


And this is the scene that greeted me when I left church to walk home at 12.15 p.m. It snowed very hard all the way home (I was glad I'd got a cap in my pocket - not that it stayed there, of course). Turned me coat collar up, buttoned it, and didn't hang about. The snow's all gone this afternoon, but everywhere's very wet, and as it's now freezing hard again, with a North East wind blowing, I think we're in for a hard night. Got to go out to choir practice later, and we've promised to pick up our senior choir member. Got to go anyway, as this will be our last practice before the carol service next Sunday, and the Christmas services. More blog later perhaps.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

DILLIGAF said...

wrap up warm old bean. Freezing here too. I'm staying by the fire!

Lori Skoog said...

Do you ever have snow that sticks to the ground? We have about 4 inches of new white stuff and it is in the teens today...fortunately the sun came out.

Thanks for all your comments.

We are through singing for a month...had 6 performances. The break is fine with me, tho I look forward to our new music.

Unknown said...

I think I'm going to do the same, 4Ds. I think I'll have a drop of sloe gin, too. I make the stuff, and it's the best winter warmer I know.
As to snow that sticks to the ground, Lori, I'm afraid I might know the answer to that in the morning!!!