Saturday 22 October 2011

Saturday 1.




Had friends coming for supper yesterday evening. Above photo is of Ann preparing the meal.






Three puddings on the worktop that divides our kitchen/dining room. The nearest is a chocolate torte (Ann tells me that is the correct term, and that I aught not to refer to it as a chocolate stodgecake) that Ann made earlier in the week, so that we could do 'quality control tests' on it. It was delicious and seemed to improve with keeping for a day or so. Beyond that is a glorious apple pie (with cloves) and to the right of that is a bowl of strawberries and raspberries (one of our guests is diabetic).  Cream and/or custard available.




Meal in full swing- pudding stage. Terry - next to Ann- reads this blog and suddenly asked me if I was going to take photographs of the meal to put on blog. I made sure nobody had any objection, then snapped away. To the right of Terry is our friend Hilary, then Terry's son Simon, and to the right of the picture Simon's wife Christine. So there you are Terry - wish granted; and thank you all for helping to make it a lovely evening.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Liz said...

I think that Chocolate Stodgecake is an excellent alternative name for Torte. Can I have a slice please?

Unknown said...

Of course Liz - any time you care to call.