Friday 13 March 2020

Friday.


Do any (or indeed - All) my google friends, or at least the ones who have retired, have difficulty in remembering what day of  the week it is?  It's not as much of a nuisance as you'd expect in that it doesn't matter too much  (and I think I'm getting used to it, anyway..)
I've developed  a habit of saying to Ann "Have we anything on tomorrow ?" as we get into bed ; and she'll run through anything important booked for the morrow, and on a good day, I'll wake remembering what I'm  supposed to be doing that day (well - sometimes I do).   I  must stress that during the majority of our fifty seven year marriage, mine has been much the most reliable of our memorys. Now, though, I have to consciously remind meself who this very  pleasant lady beside me in the morning is.  I exaggerate, of course, but (just to be on the safe side) I'm trying to develop a habit of addressing her as m'dear first thing ack emma ,  which seems to be working.  I am, of course, exaggerating my memory problems, but if any of you with the same problems have any tips for improvement, they would be gratefully received. 

I've just read this out to Ann, and she's gone off in a fit of the giggles, so that's alright.


Goodnight All.

4 comments:

Rough said...

Next time she's asleep, write ANN on her forehead. Make sure to use a nice soft felt tip pen so as not to wake her ;)

Mike, said...

Now that's what I call subtle! Rough. Don't know why you call yourself Rough, though. I think your real name (which we gave you) is far more suitable for you.

Lori Skoog said...

Your new home looks beautiful! Hope all is well over there and that you two are healthy! This July we will have been married 53 years. Very hard to believe.

Crowbard said...

Hi BigBruv,
Yes I've noticed that key brain cells have gone AWOL since I was 17. Just the odd rarely used word went missing initially; usually permanently until I came across them again whilst reading or in conversation. Design system error I suppose, or maybe God thought perfection was too heavy a burden for mere mortals to lug around! Big Hug, Thingy!