Wednesday 4 April 2012

Wednesday.



Been a good, busy day today, having spent a good deal of it (after a very early start) at an antique fair in Long Melford.
Further to yesterday's thoughts on free range sausages I wish to register my doubts about the frequently used   term 'organic vegetables'. The word organic is totally unnecessary in conjunction with the word 'vegetables'. All vegetables are organic, however grown.  Whoever heard of an inorganic vegetable???? It seems to me to be bordering on tautology............thinks: 'not really strong enough words. Oh yes, I know ............. SO THERE!!!!!

I am aware of what people (think they) mean when they use the term 'organic'; but I would be interested to hear the views of people who disagree with me (or even anyone who agrees with me, if any such there be). As I said recently to a friend:-  'I seem to be turning into a  Victor Meldrew these days',   and that would never do.

P.S. Both the above photos were taken a few days ago in Bury St. Edmund's.

Good night.

3 comments:

Pat said...

JOin the club - I'm Victor's sister!

Lori Skoog said...

To me, organic vegetables are those that have not been sprayed with poisons that in the long run are hurting us. And so...we have a huge garden...organic everything.

Unknown said...

I know that's the accepted meaning of the term Lori. I'm afraid I was being pedantic about it. I love the look of your garden by the way.
Regards, Mike.