Saturday 7 August 2010

Saturday.



Above snapshot is of a hibiscus plant I bought Ann in town a few days ago. It is now full of buds.
This morning we drove into Manningtree and put Matthew on the 11.18 a.m. train to London. He 'phoned us at 1.35 p.m. to say he was safe home. The train takes just under an hour to get to London Liverpool Street, but then it took Matthew just over an hour to get out to Chiswick High Street. It's been nice having him to stay, and he really has pulled his weight.
Scrabble Club this afternoon. Played with Joyce and Phyllis. I won the first two games, then Phyllis got into her stride, and put down two seven letter words in successive goes and won the third game easily. Been pottering in the workshop since supper, and completed two jobs I'd not been looking forward to. Nearly bedtime now, so - Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nea said...

Pretty flower, and what looks like a horrible crack in the table, but on closer inspection I see you addered it yourself.

Unknown said...

Is that a pun? I asp myself?