Sunday 4 April 2010

Sunday 2.

 


Above photo (right to left):- Our friend Helga, Helga's sister Ingeborg, their friend Krista, and Ann. Helga, Ingeborg and Krista are all German (although Helga has lived in England for over forty years - for over thirty of which which we've known her) and all three of them are just back from Borneo. The photo looks as if we're having tea, but in fact we're drinking coffee (at four of a Sunday afternoon!!!), at the German ladies' request (odd ideas these continentals have). And, of course, we're shown demolishing the simnel cake that features in Saturday's blog. The three German ladies all remarked on how delicious the simnel cake was, although Ann said afterwards she thought it was a little dry for a simnel cake, and (when pressed) I had to agree with her, although I qualified this by stressing how absolutely delicious it was, and I must say I think our German friends were right when they said how well it went with coffee (this is called diplomacy, and I think I joined the wrong service when young - should have been the Diplomatic Corps !!!). Nearly five p.m. now, and despite it being a Sunday, I think it's nearly time I did a bit of work today. Cheers All.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Crowbard said...

I think I should have joined the Diplodocus service - prehistoric and always putting my feet in it!