Sunday 5 August 2012

Sunday 2.


Further to previous blog entry, walked to church. Took above photo of the Guildhall in churchyard. This year's hanging baskets are looking well.




 Above photo is of the west end of St. Mary's, with the Deanery Tower to the left. Joined the rest of the choir in the congregation (not robed - we are only required to sing as a choir on two Sundays of the month these days - so we sit together and at least sound like a choir if we don't look it). Good service.




Above is the Revd Joyce Willis,  who took the service. She is one of the associate Clergy of the Benefice. This appears to mean that, although she is retired, she still works away as hard as ever (for which we are truly thankful!). Joyce looked so well in her robes that I asked permish to take a snapshot of her after the service during 'coffee time'. She complied and she says she will look up my blog this evening. Hope she does - any comment she might make would be worth hearing.

Being called up to supper now, so will wish you all a good night.

7 comments:

Anne said...

I'm just back visiting. I have commented on your blog in the past. I have always been so fascinated by your photos. I have been peeking in but not commenting. Good day!

Anne said...

Hello. I've commented on you blog in the past. I have always been so fascinated by your photos. Their really beautiful. I have been stopping in but haven't commented. I thought I'd leave a little message. Good day!

Anne said...

Hello. I have commented on your blog in the past. I have always been fascinated by your pictures. I've visited lately but haven't left a message. Thought I'd send out a greeting to you. Good day!

Anne said...

Hello. I commented on your blog in the past. Your pictures have always fascinated me. I thought I'd leave a greeting today. Good day!

Unknown said...

Hello Anne. Thank you for dropping in. You are very welcome.

Pat said...

She does look well in her fetchng robes.

Nea said...

I agree with you, a fine frock in a beautiful verdant green that suits her very well.