Wednesday 4 May 2011

Wednesday.


Been a busy day. Got up at six to go to an antique fair at Long Melford, and found there'd been a frost overnight. We'd bought a couple of trays of bedding plants in Long Melford on Saturday, and been told by supplier not to put them out until danger of frost was past. Fortunately we put them in the potting shed last night, so I think they've survived the frost. Loaded car (had to scrape frost off the windscreen first) then set off. Good antique fair. Sold reasonably well, but - more importantly- bought well - two pieces especially, which I'm looking forward to researching.
 Bedtime now - but before that:-  photo is of Bildestone, taken a couple of weeks ago.
Goodnight All.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sir Bruin said...

Very fine photographs, sir. I also like early mornings, it is nice to have a sniff of the morning air before anyone else gets to it.
On a different note, is the battered old musket that I mentioned on Monday something that you would give a home to? I don't really have any use for it.

Unknown said...

Almost certainly, Sir B., although I shouldn't know till I see it. Would there be room on the M/bike for two bears, a sheep, and a musket,
though ? You have our 'phone number, give us a ring, and we'll arrange a get-together. Shan't be about much this weekend, so leave a message and I'll get back to you.
Warm regards, Mike.

Sir Bruin said...

Will probably have to leave the sheep behind. I'll be in touch. Suspect it is only fit for scrap, though.