Sunday 29 May 2011

Sunday.




Two last photoes from our Annual Show a week ago. One's of a dog (a bull mastiff I think) and the other's of a horse (a Shetland Pony). Very little to choose between them in size or weight, I should think.

Been a good busy weekend. Ed, Jo, and Darcy stayed over from Saturday until this morning. Ed was photographing a wedding over near Stowmarket, so Jo dropped him off, and drove over to us. Should mention that they'd stopped off en route to view a flat. Jo had a bite of lunch with us then went off on a walk (she'd got this well planned - she went by the farm tracks and public footpaths) across to Kersey, taking Darcy with her. I always say that the best houseguests are the entertaining ones who don't feel the need to be entertained. I then went off to scrabble club for my weekly three games. Jo got back just after five, so we had tea together, then ate later. Jo went off to Finborough (I think) to pick up Ed, they came back here, we had a nightcap, chatted for an hour, then crashed out at nearly midnight. They breakfasted with us this morning, then hit the road just after nine a.m., as they'd another flat to view on their way home to Wiltshire. I said to Ann later how much I admired their energy, but she pointed out that they're forty years younger that we are, and that forty years ago we could easily have kept up with them. I'm afraid I could see what she meant and had to agree. O well!!
Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Z said...

You two seem to fit a lot into your days, I should think that forty years ago no one could have kept up with you!

Lori Skoog said...

Looks like you had good weather for the fair. The pictures taken near the water are very inviting.