Thursday 10 April 2008

Thursday.

Back with you; now where was I? Oh yes. While Ann was entertaining our guests to coffee, etc. I took the pendulum down to my workshop, and manage to unpin (that should be unrivet really)the top and bottom blocks from the suspension spring and remount them on new spring, so as to retain as much of the originality of the clock as possible. For once in a way the work went well so that I was able to present Michael with a complete restored pendulum before he'd finished his coffee. He then produced a flintlock strike a light (or tinder lighter) by I. Savage of London that I'd sold him some years ago. After a short and civilised haggle I rebought it, so felt I'd had a good and productive morning. After lunch Ann anounced that she needed to do 'a big shop' at Waitrose in Sudbury so I went with her as I needed to buy some stationery. Walked round a garden centre on the way home and bought some garden twine and Ann bought a pair of gardening gloves. Made a detour on the way home and took photoes of Church porches (illustrated). And also one or two interesting ones that I may publish in next blog. Goodnight all.

No comments: