Sunday 20 January 2019

Sunday.




The two photographs shown are of my grandfather's eel glaive - they belonged to his grandfather-  who had the glaive made by  a member of the Evison family probably  around 1850. The last time they were used was about 1955 by grandfather Trower and meself , when we caught a fairly large amount of eels, which my grandmother converted into an eel pie. Do you know, the more I write, the more I am convinced that I've told you this before, so I'll now  apply the handbrake and stop this tale.




Today has been a pottering about the workshop sort of day. There was a hard frost this morning, I've just been out checking the car and locking up .   There's a full moon tonight, and another hard frost, I  think.

I wish  you all a good night's sleep. I think perhaps tonight will be a hot water bottle night.

2 comments:

Rough said...

Did you see the the eclipse of the full moon early on Monday morning?

Mike said...

No, but I'm told it was a lovely sight!