Thursday 14 November 2013

Thursday.




Been, I'm glad to say, so far, another good busy week. I think Wednesday was easily the most full, so will give a quick run down of Wednesday's events:-  up early, to early service at St. Mary's (7.30 a.m.) quick breakfast then motored over to Gazeley (near Newmarket) to fix good long case clock by Suffolk maker Thomas Moore, of Ipswich. Job done, clock ticking away nicely when we left. On to Sudbury to search for (and eventually found and acquired) silver chain. Did what turned into a major shop at Waitrose's in Sudbury as we've a fairly busy weekend coming up (Sarah and tribe staying). Had light lunch in 'The Secret Garden', still in Sudbury, then drove home, arrived about three thirty p.m.  Grabbed a needed afternoon snooze, then up, changed into decent clobber, and out to supper with friends Milly and John. Usual super grub and excellent conversation there, catching up on all the town news.

The photos are of (from top) an Azalia that Rog and Catherine gave Ann on Saturday; Chrysanthemums purchased from usual roadside stall (no new rude messages this time) on way to Gazeley; and orchid, given to Ann a few days ago by her husband.
Off up the wooden hill now (Ann having preceded me there some few minutes ago).
So - Goodnight all.

P.s. Just reopened this to say that as I was going upstairs, I met Ann coming downstairs to remind me that we'd not supped yet. I thought hard, then had to agree. "But I thought you'd gone up to bed ?" I said.
"No," she said "I went upstairs to do the ironing".  
"A  pressing engagement ? ",  I answered.

Sorry Rog, I know I was poaching on your preserves.

7 comments:

Maggie said...

Does that mean that Rog is either in a pickle or just being jammy? Sorry, that thought just oCURDed to me!

Crowbard said...

Your indoor photography is very good mike, excellent focus in the close ups, lovely composition with the chrysanthemums echoed by the floral arrangement in the hearth and all three tightly framed and full of interest. Good move treating the Memsahib to orchids, very passionate flowers phalaenopsis!

Rog said...

My you wear me out just reading the pace of activities!

I never poach preserves - only eggs. Un oeuf is un oeuf.

Unknown said...

Hello Maggie. Your comment confirms my opinion that you're one of the best preserved of our generation!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Crowbard. I've always considered it part of a husband's duty - bringing his wife flowers fairly regularly.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Crowbard. I've always considered it part of a husband's duty - bringing his wife flowers fairly regularly.

Unknown said...

Hello Rog. Yes. Been out for a meal with friends twice this week, and got guests for the weekend. I do think being active keeps us fit and healthy though. Been reading your blog re Prince Charles, and I think that he and his parents give us a lesson in the benefits of keeping at it.