Tuesday 1 May 2007

Tuesday.

Today is dustbin day in our street in our town. And as our street is a narrow twisting one, and our town a thoroughly medieval one with many jettied buildings overhanging these narrow twisting streets, life becomes very hectic at rush hour on dustbin day. As the first verse of a song on the subject goes :- "The dustbins up and down our street- are stood so neat- and all replete -with household items obsolete - on dustbin day in the morning" . Never heard of it ? Not surprised. It's one I wrote myself and I've never sung it except to my immediate family who are fairly tolerant as far as the old man's concerned. Usually. It can be sung to the tune of "I saw three ships" and I can't remeber why I introduced the subject. Yes I can, I was rambling on about dustbin day in rush hour, And today started busy and continued busy as I have spent it getting ready for Long Melford tomorrow. Which means a very early start in the morning, so I intended to apologise for a very short entry in today's blog. But casting an eye over it I find I needn't. What I do need though IS TO GO TO BED. Now. Goodnight.

2 comments:

Crowbard said...

I hope your dustbin's emptied soon
Without the litter streetward strewn,
Then left until the first of June
On dustbinday in the morning!
(ibidem cantum)
Merry Mayday Both

Shall you be Maying about the Melford pole?
C&J

Nea said...

Pole dancing in Melford? Sounds fun. Can I come and watch?