Friday 13 July 2018

Friday.


Been a busy day. Early  service this morning. This afternoon Ruth ran me into the hardware shop in town to purchase a refill for the gas bottle I  use in the forge. Ruth spotted a french blue and white skirt she liked in another shop, so I bought it for  her. She has been so good - looking after her parents over the last two or three weeks - that it was a real pleasure to find something for her that I could see she really liked. As you can see from the picture above the skirt fitted her perfectly and really suits her. When senior daughter Sarah was sixteen she asked if  she  could  go  on a dress allowance rather than her pocket money. It's  a long story and I won't bore you with it; but eventually  I  used to teach all five of our children  that if  you are shopping and see a garment that you like, and it suits you, and you can afford it- buy it then and there. If you leave it  till you really need a garment, you will never find one that is perfect.  It's  the old  rule of  "Bag it when it's by."
Oh Dear!  The times I've been reminded of that fatherly counsel!!!!
We've got  our youngest daughter coming to  stay tomorrow -to help Ruth look after us I suppose.
Ann was very much in demand as a babysitter when our  childrens' families were young (actually we both were); but now two of them have grandchildren of their own to baby sit, so we both feel grateful and privileged that they can take time off from work and their grandchildren to look after the great grandparents when necessary.

Must go and  water the garden  before bed.
Goodnight All.

2 comments:

Z said...

The skirt does suit her, very attractive.

I agree with your maxim, not that I go clothes shopping very often, and will add: if you see two things you like and you've got the money, buy 'em both.

Mike said...

Thank you Z. I think I agree with your maxim, Too.