Monday 14 May 2018



This is  our garden pond, and as the garden is very small (pocket handkerchief size) the pond is small too, in fact I'd better confess that it is an old horse bucket sunk into the garden. If your eyes are good you may well be able to see that on top of the central rock in the pond is a frog - I hadn't seen him for some time, and ( if it's the same frog) he's grown a good deal since the last sighting, a couple of months ago.

Our one goldfish still lives in the pond as well. I hope goldfish and frogs can inhabit the same small pond in amity?

4 comments:

Z said...

I think goldfish and frogs are fine together. I have newts in my pond, which I'm very pleased about, and dragonfly nymphs, which I'm ambivalent about - the dragonflies are lovely, but the nymphs eat all the tadpoles.

Mike said...

See next entry -Tuesday 15th May for better picture of frog.

Crowbard said...

Hi Mike,
At least your blog is accepting your comments. Charming little amphibian in delightful surroundings. Pip Pip old top.

Tim said...

Oh, I'd somehow lost your blog, but have accidentally found my way back to it. I do hope this comment finds its way to you, and that I'll be able to find a way of following you again.
Hope to see you in the summer.