Wednesday 30 November 2011

Wednesday 4.



The above two photoes are of Copford churchyard (last ones I'll be publishing of this Church you'll be glad to hear, although if you're in East Anglia it's well worth a visit: if you do visit it remember to make sure you have a pound coin with you. It's a dark little church, and the first thing to do is find the electricity metre at the West end and insert a £1. It works like an old fashioned gas meter :- you insert the coin, turn a key until the pound drops, and then the lights all come on for about ten minutes).

 Early service this morning, did a little shopping in town, then home, played with computer and tidied up workshop. David and Wendy had lunch with us. Wendy (who blogs as Wendy Whitecat) teaches computer skills at U3A. Before and after lunch Wendy sat with me at the computer and tried to get over my difficulties with illustrating blog. I think and hope I learned quite a lot. 
Ann gave us leek and potato soup, which she'd just made, followed by a cheese board, then coffee. I'd opened a bottle of Cote de Rhone (which we plan to finish with our supper when Ann calls me up to it). A very pleasant light lunch. Given my lesson in computer usage which preceded and followed lunch, I suppose it might be called a 'theme lunch'.   Being called up to supper now. More later perhaps. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for a lively and stimulating lunch and computer session. I trust the information will stick, otherwise I will return!

Liz said...

Copford Church looks pretty; and what a good idea with the power supply.

I like leek and potato soup. It's ages since I made any [my receipe is potato, leek and bacon]. I really must do something about that.