Sunday 14 April 2019

Sunday.



Been a good day. Ann and I went to Aldham Church this morning, leaving Freja to prepare lunch. It was a superb one. Yesterday Ann took Freja shopping for the ingredients, which was a very fine joint  (I can't remember what it was, but I was told) of beef, and all necessary ingreediments (as Ruth used to call them when little - when  Ruth was little that is, not the  ingreediments).  If I'd known what a lovely bit of  beef was in preparation for lunch, I'd have opened a bottle of red, but  I didn't, so I couldn't, but otherwise it couldn't  have been improved upon. I was pottering about the computer a little earlier when I found the above photy of daughter Ruth and meself in my cellar last Christmas, and decided it would do   to illustrate today's  blog. Looking at it, it's difficult to believe that Ruth is old enough to have grown up daughters, but I counted up her age on me fingers, and she is!!!   I then counted up her age using the year she was born (I can usually remember dates -  this  one was 1965) and she still is - but as you can see - she  really doesn't look it!

I think I must cut this short, as I've just remembered we've a guest coming- a friend  of  Freja's, so  I must go and prepare to welcome him. I have met him, very briefly -  and look forward to seeing  him again.


Goodnight all.

1 comment:

Rough said...

Thank you, it's very kind of you to say so. Xxx