Friday 19 April 2019

Good Friday.



Yesterday afternoon was  a good  one in that a friend of ours, Sid, knowing that I'm not driving these days, called round with his car and took me for a drive in the country. He and I have similar interests so he drove along the lanes, slowed down for views of early properties, and finally drew into a muddy lay-by where, on the opposite side of the  road (a narrow back lane really)  there was a lovely view into   a blue- bell wood which  is  thick with flower. I wish I had taken the camera with me. On the way home we stopped off at a tea shop in a watermill, which serves, among other delights, English grown tea (grown in Cornwall). We found this out a year or so ago, and Sid was not aware of it. I treated him to a pot of it, which we shared, together with a slice of home made cake apiece.   When we got home, Sid came in for a few minutes, and told Ann that his wife, Rosemary, had suggested the outing- I think she was thinking in terms of  'visiting the sick' - which it would, I suppose, count as.  Any way, a very pleasant break as far as I was concerned.

                                            ___________________________________

I   think you'll have to embiggen the above photo in order to read it. Poetry it  ain't, but I'm in the  habbit of jotting  these things down  as they come into my head.  Our son, who is aware of this bad habit of mine, gave me (on, I think my seventieth birthday) a hand made book together with a request that I continue to jot things  down, and let him have a look, occasionally.
         
                                            ____________________________________

Ann has just popped down to my undercroft to discuss lunch arrangements,  so I must pop up to the kitchen for lunch.

More later perhaps.



1 comment:

Rough said...

Sounds like the perfect outing. Hopefully when it comes to hares and bunnies a balance will occur. Talking to Tuva about it over Easter as we saw two osprey, one over the great lake and one over the cottage. She said it's a cycle, where one year there might be an excess of food for one animal, like rabbits and when there are too many of them then they are hunted or become sick which leads to another animal, a preditor, increasing in numbers a year or two later.