Saturday 13 April 2019

Saturday (2)


Here is an unexpected photograph I somehow managed to take of myself a little while ago - it's taken in my cellar, on the computer,  and shows the primitive surroundings in which we natives of  East Anglia  live!!! If I'm honest I took the picture - lost it- and bellowed for grand daughter Freja to come and help me find it, which, as you  can see, she successfully did.  I'm lost in admiration for today's youngsters with their skills  in computer communications! On the other hand - my generation has gone in our lifetime from dip-in pens, and an inkwell in the right hand corner of the desk - to complicated computers - it's a  different world!!!

Note the neat and tidy whiskers and hair- newly respectable - thanks to friend Bill the barber's efforts this morning.

Good  Night All.

8 comments:

Rough said...

An excellent self-portrait, with interesting details in the background.

Mike said...

Thank you R. It's appearance is due (as I've said) to the help given by your youngest.

Anonymous said...

P.s. Who is a great Credit to you both - and I hope I've made that clear.

Z said...

I remember the first time I sat down at a computer and felt completely confused! A friend, much older than I, bought herself an iPad when she was getting on for 90 and learned to use it. A very clever and able woman, she said it was the hardest thing she'd learned in decades. "I felt as if I was a child of five," she said. I think we all do jolly well!

Mike said...

Thank you Z. Your comment reassures me.

Crowbard said...

I think we all forget just how far computerology has advanced since its inception. Decades ago I was a confident and capable IT teacher and lecturer (amongst other academic and practical skills), I now have all the timidity and uncertainty of a lost child when it comes to managing or modifying my beastly machines - taking advice from a nine-year old granddaughter.

Mike. said...

Thank you Crowbard. I've been picking the brains regarding computers from a nineteen year old granddaughter. Thank God for helpful grandchildren, say I.

Crowbard said...

Psalm 127 v.5