Saturday, 23 May 2015

Saturday.


In yesterday's blog entry, I mentioned that we'd bought fruit and vegetables from the Market.  This evening for supper we had  the asparagus and a poached egg on toast, followed  by some of  yesterday's fruit. I then thought of another blog entry, so hastily rearranged what was left of the fruit, photographed it, and here are the photographic results (which I should have thought of earlier).  All the fruit photographed we bought from Highdale Market.
Ann made the flower arrangement of flowers from our garden, mainly aquilegia.


                                         Goodnight All.

10 comments:

Z said...

Asparagus is a superb alternative to soldiers - though you had toast, so maybe you didn't dip!

Local fruit and veg is the best, isn't it? I love to eat seasonally.

Mike and Ann said...

Just checked with Ann, and neither of us has ever used asparagus as a soldier in a dippy egg. Must try it sometime soon. Hasn't the local asparagus been good this year?

Z said...

It works, I promise. Yes, wonderful asparagus this year. I sometimes eat a whole bunch at a sitting.

Crowbard said...

You remind me of Dizzy Withers, Mike (not the equine problem Lori, but a class-mate of Mike's) He was a 'good-egg' and dippy enough to put up with the rest of Mike's class.

Mike and Ann said...

Good Morning Crowbard. Not 'was'. but 'is'. He is one of the very few old schoolmates I stay in touch with, and he is still a decidedly good egg.

Crowbard said...

I stand (well I'm sitting at present) corrected and am exceedingly glad to be so. Kindly convey my salutations when next you confer with him.

Mike and Ann said...

Hello Crowbard. I will pass on your good wishes to Dizzy when next in touch. I know he will be pleased to hear from you, and will be reassured to learn that he is, as far a s I know, still above ground.

Lori Skoog said...

You are such an artist!

Mike and Ann said...

Thank you, Lori.

Pat said...

Beautiful collection.