Thursday 14 July 2011

Thursday.




Today I was able to purchase the above neolithic stone axehead/hammer, and the remains of a bronze age short sword. I don't normally deal in, or collect, antiquities, but these both come under the heading of antique weaponry which I do deal in, so I was pleased to get them. They're of no great value, but of very great interest.

This afternoon we drove across to our friend Terry's house (see top photo) and had tea with her. She divides her time between Suffolk and London, and it is good to have her back in the area. Just been reminded that I must rush - choir practice.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Christopher said...

You sing in a choir! Tell us more...


Envious of your purchases, tho' I wouldn't be certain how best to display them.

Unknown said...

Hello Christopher. Sung second base (basso profundo) in a male voice choir for thirty five years. Now I sing base and Ann sings soprano in our local church choir, St. Mary's.
How to display purchases ? Do you know, I didn't give that a thought. Now I shall have to think of something, or I'll be stuck with them. Suggestions please?

Unknown said...

P.s. Christopher, I tease. I have several potential collectors for the axe. Two possibles for the sword. Suggestions still welcome though.

stigofthedump said...

OK, I have 'activated my Google account' whcich hopefully means you should receive this and the last comment - come on back with a big ten four good buddy !!!!
Much love and thank you again
Stig

Crowbard said...

Make that 3 potential mugs for the sword Mike. I believe I might be tempted. It will make a beautiful athame since I gave my last one away. Happy to buy at whatever you consider a fair price.

I know I shouldn't say such things, even pootatu's v-word if 'exess' but I could do with an authentic antiquity to mull over and conserve. Maybe pootatu means Xes/Kisses?
C.

Nea said...

Put a chain through the hole in the axe and wear it as pendant perhaps?

The blade is slightly more difficult, but if I look out for a dropped elk horn, I'm sure you could turn it into an interesting candlestick ;)

Unknown said...

Hello Nea. Yes, I probably could but it would have to be a pricket candlestick to keep the blade intact. And no, I couldn't now
because I've just sold it.