Thursday 25 February 2010

Thursday.

 


Photo of a cottage out at Monk's Eleigh (a few miles from home) taken about ten days ago.

Computer's been playing up rather badly, so, on good friend Sue's advice, 'phoned a young local computer whizz, who came out this afternoon (turns out he only lives a few hundred yards from here). After he put the machine through its paces fairly thoroughly, he pronounced that it definitely needs a new 'modem' (nodded intelligently at this point- well I hope it looked intelligent!!) and also it is still suffering from the after effects of last week's virus. He then worked on the computer, found ways round the virus damage, and we ordered the new modem, which he should put in about ten days hence. At the same time he will give the machine a thorough overhaul, and assures me that the machine will then be as good as (or rather better than) new. A very pleasant young man who appears confident in his skills (without being in the least brash) and who, indeed, inspired confidence in me.
So - many thanks, Sue; you always know someone who can be relied upon to help. It is becoming a favourite remark of ours when in doubt about anything :- "We must ask Sue. She'll know".
Ann has gone to choir practice, partly because she always gives a lift into St. Mary's to our senior choir member. And as I've promised not to overdo it whilst she's out (and ideed I've only unloaded the dish washer, put stuff away and reloaded it) I think I'm going to grab what's left of an early night. Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

DILLIGAF said...

Nite nite old bean.

You are taking it easy I hope!!!

Have you thought of 'wireless'?

Since I lost the modem and went wireless it has been a whole lot easier for this particular technologically inept chap.

Lori Skoog said...

Computers! Glad you found someone who can help. Hope you are feeling better every day!

Unknown said...

Hi 4Ds. Taking it fairly easy, thanks. And I think I'm probably technologically inepter than you.
Regards, Mike.

Hi Lori. So am I glad I found someone who knows. At one stage I was on the verge of jacking the computer in altogether - glad I won't have to.
Cheers, Mike.