Wednesday 27 March 2013

Wednesday.


Timely start this morning. To early service at 7.30 a.m.  Stayed to breakfast. Improvement on last week; when we went to early service then , I had to remain seated for most of it, and was glad to come home at the end of  the service.   When we got home this morning pottered round the garden (the snow had almost all gone) and took  the top three pictures of flowers emerging from the snow. Crocii (I know that is a bit affected these days, but it's how I was taught to spell the plural of crocus).

Don't know the correct name of the above plant, but we call it  the Army and Navy  flower, as there are red  (well dusky pink) and blue flowers on the same plant. When the last lot of snow came there were no flowers on it, but they seem to have been coming out under the snow.


 Above :- primula and miniature daffs.




Moving on to indoor flowers, Ann seems to have been doing rather well for them this week. Above right are the daffodils that friend Helga brought Ann yesterday, and to the  left narcissi that  friends John and Gloria sent us as a belated golden wedding anniversary gift.


Above some of the chrysanthemums Maggie sent Ann, and below Ann tending them.


Below, are our friends Jaque and Henriette, who popped in to  canvas my opinion on a sword stick. They stayed  for a cuppa and a slice of a blueberry sponge cake that Ann had made this morning, after we got back from the surgery where I had a blood sample taken.  One of the nuisance things that follow a heart attack is that I'm not allowed to drive for a month, so Ann has to run me every where (although I really must start WALKING  into town soon). It was good to see them. They did not stay long, as they have to drive back to the North Norfolk coast. They'd killed several birds with one stone in this area today. They are ten years older than we are, but I wish I had their energy at the moment. Still, that seems to be improving - haven't been upstairs  for a nap today (or napped in me chair)   and that's the first time I've not done either since I got home from Papworth.
Waffling now, so I must stop and get on with a little work.


6 comments:

Rog said...

Good news Mike!

And you are getting very sharp with your focii ;-)

Compostwoman said...

I think your plant is Pulmonaria?

Glad you are feeling better - the flowers inside are lovely

Unknown said...

Thank you Rog. And - oh all right then - CROCUSSES, CROCUSSES, CROCUSSES.

Unknown said...

Hello Compostwoman. Thank you. It's nice to know the proper name of plants as well as their folk names (and for popping over to this blog).

I must show Ann your blog. She used to make patchwork quilts as wedding presents.

Compostwoman said...

I would love Ann to leave a comment ( and you, if you wish)

I have two blogs - The Compost Bin and The Crafty Compostwoman which is the craft oriented one

I have only just started quilting but I enjoy it and am always glad to read other people's views :-)

Crowbard said...

There was a fine young Rogue - Aye, Aye!
spoke with a Norfolk brogue - Aye, Aye!
he dressed in roman togii
But never picked his bogii

(Cum apologii,
Just feeling jokii)