Thursday 29 December 2011

Thursday.



Two more family members spent the day with us, youngest daughter Elizabeth, and Ann's middle brother, David. Above photo shows Ann with Ruth's two daughters, Tuva and Freja (in front of her), two of our daughters Liz and Ruth (behind her),  and David in the foreground.

Yesterday's alternative pantomime - Round the Twist- at the East Angles Theatre went rather well. Fifteen of us went (been counting on my fingers, and I'm sure that's right). It was a sort of spoof of all the Dickens books, a little Trollope (no, I'm not getting at any of the actresses - I meant Anthony Trollope, the author), a touch of Oscar Wilde (I think), and a little G. and S.   All this by a very talented cast of five people. I couldn't hear very much of it, but all our youngsters seemed to think very well of it, so I imagine we'll do it again next year.There was a certain amount of audience participation called for- at one point I was asked to read out a "What do you call........?" cracker joke I'd been given by one of the cast. So I gave it lots of wellie, and all the family bellowed back the very obvious answer. In one way it wasn't a particularly 'alternative' pantomime - there was lots of 'Look Behind You' and 'Oh, no it isn't' - 'Oh yes it is!'- tradional panto stuff.  Looking back on it, I'm sure a good time was had by all.
Liz and Ruth have nipped into the town to do a little shopping - the Co-op stays open till late- and I think they intend to sample the night life of our town on the way back - that should take all of seven minutes I should think.  We've been left in charge of Ruth's two girls, so I suppose I'd better nip upstairs and help Ann fulfil our grandparently duties.
Goodnight all.

4 comments:

Crowbard said...

Great family picture Mike. Young Dave has retained his boyish good looks and still oozes bonhomie, well-being and that quiet gallantry of spirit which marks him as a gentleman.

Unknown said...

You are quite right m'boy. Dave don't change, thank The Lord. He's a good chap.

Unknown said...

P.s. Thinking about it; as a family they all seem to age better than we do. The genes, I suppose.

Crowbard said...

I knew we should have worn Gucci instead of Sweatshop! But dammit, Levis were posher than we could expect.