Friday 16 December 2011

Friday.



Took above photo earlier this week. I've always admired this yew hedge just outside Long Melford. The hedge is in front of a georgian house, the archtecture of which is reflected in the style of the hedge.
This morning the weather was grey with intermitent rain, which, just before ten a.m. turned into quite a heavy snow storm. Didn't last long, and didn't settle. By the time we walked into town to cafe Church (just before 10.30a.m.) it had subsided into light sleet, then back to rain.
Tomorrow morning half a dozen or so of us will  be singing carols (D.V.) in the town centre,  accompanied by the same number of instrumentalists from the town's Salvation Army Brass Band, and collecting for charities.
Been a busy week, and next week looks like being busier. We've got to fit in a day spent driving across to the midlands, for a rather unexpected family funeral. The lady being interred was, I think, about ninety, but was of the small, wiry, active type who, without really thinking about it, we all expect to go on forever, and it comes as rather a shock when, without warning,  they suddenly decide not to.
Oh well. Ann's just gone up to bed, and I must join her.  Good night all.

4 comments:

Crowbard said...

The joy of a long life is that it gives you time to improve your opinion of folk. . . .
and most of us probably need to...
'cept 'bout you'n'Annie o'course... Can't improve on perfection.

Four Dinners said...

Firstly, that is a gotrgeous photo.

Secondly, I do apologise for Billy. He's something of an enigma to many and he does seem to enjoy insulting people.

I've told him off and, as I've sort of adopted him as my dad he'll hopefully be a little more polite in future - although knowing Billy breath shouldn't be held too long..;-)

and thirdly...me? weird?

I never realised you knew me so well...;-)

If I don't appear before old bean have a marvellous Christmas and a very happy New Year

4D x

er...the x is for Anne of course..;-)

Unknown said...

Hi Carl. I think you're right. And thankyou.

Hello Neil. Don't worry. I appreciate that it takes all sorts.......

Sorry- not weird in that sense. It's just that your wide based reading never ceases to surprise me.
We wish you both a very good Christmas, and hopefully -see you sometime next year.
Regards, Mike and Ann.

Pat said...

Happy Carol singing and I hope the weather is kind both for that and the funeral.
Happy Christmas to you both.