Sunday 4 December 2011

Sunday.


Been a nice relaxed day. We  both sang  in the choir at morning service. Home, sandwich lunch, then walked into town at 3p.m. for a scrabble tea at Hilary's, in Church Street near the above Church. Four of us, Hilary, Eileen, Ann, and meself. Two games (Eileen won both of them) then tea. Hilary gave us smoked salmon sandwiches, mince pie, Christmas cake, and of course tea. We had crackers with sensible things in them with  very silly jokes (i.e. What do you call a man with his head in a paper bag? - Russell) and paper hats.  Then back for another game of scrabble, which I won, although we all had  fairly close scores. Walked home, getting in at about six. We both agreed we'd spent a very pleasant afternoon. Being called upstairs now for a very light supper (boiled egg and bread and butter soldiers, I think)
So - Goodnight all.

10 comments:

stigofthedump said...

I am commenting through my new mobile phone which can access the Internet and I have set up your blog as a short cut - very easy and now you are at my fingertips, all day ! Hope it works - fingers crossed x

stigofthedump said...

What do you call a man with a rabbit on his head? Warren

Pat said...

Scrabble and food - delicious!

Rough said...

Take it the phone was a birthday present, Happy 50th BIG SIS <3 U
XXXX

PS What do you call a man with a seagull on his head?

Strawberry said...

What is scabble tea?

Strawberry said...

What is scabble tea?

Crowbard said...

Dear Laurel
if an 'r' has been omitted it would be a Scrabble tea but I prefer scramble tea where there is lots of food and even more guests and everybody has to scramble to get some food before every-body else scoffs the lot.

Z said...

I read that out to the Sage. Heh, he said, politely. Well, I laughed.

Unknown said...

Hello Z. Apologies to the Sage. Didn't mean it personal. I know he would never go out with a paper bag on his head (and, honestly, I got that one in my cracker).

Unknown said...

P.s. Re Rough's 'what do call a man with a seagull on his head ?' As she doesn't seem likely to tell us the answer (and as she has told it me over the landline) I will tell you that the answer is Cliff.... Subtle humour, isn't it? (Irony).