Saturday 3 December 2011

Saturday 2.



Choir practice this morning. On way to Church stopped and took the above photo. I know I've shown pictures of this area before, but I don't think I've shown a picture of all three of the buildings that surround our churchyard. From left to right they are the guildhall, the Deanery Tower, and the church. Apart from the fact that all three were completed in their present form well before the year 1500 -the central one, the Deanery Tower- is the most recent, being completed in the yeaar 1495- they do have another claim to fame. They are built with the three main building materials : - The Guildhall is of oak beams and plaster, the Deanery Tower is of pre Tudor brickwork, and the Church is of stone. I know of no other example of all three medieval building materials surrounding the same square.

Goodnight all.

No comments: