Thursday 3 December 2009

Thursday.

 


On Tuesday evening our good friend, Liz Alport, stayed over with us, in order to visit the Long Melford Antiue Fair on Wednesday, and brought the above roses for Ann. We then, all three of us, went to Sue and David's for supper. Always hospitable, they quite excelled themselves. Sue had cooked what she described as a 'hearty' (and as a one word description I couldn't better it !) casserole - it contained venison sausages, and a great selection of root vegetables. It was delicious. As well as the usual cutlery Sue had put out soup spoons, which was a wise provision for dealing with a 'hearty' casserole. She followed this by desert plates with, on each, four small portions, of different puddings, all subtly complementing each other. The pudding was, in turn, followed by a cheese board with three sorts of, locally sourced, cheeses; all were delicious, but I think we all felt that by this stage, we were quite unable to do justice to the cheese. Even by Sue and David's standards, it was a quite superb meal. Thank you David and Sue (I know they read my blog, although they never comment on it). My one regret about the meal is that I forgot to take my camera. Their dinner table would have made a superb picture, and I know they wouldn't have minded.

I'll have to close now, as Ann is calling me to supper. More later perhaps.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

DILLIGAF said...

And there was me contemplating a diet.

It is now entirely your fault if I develop any more chins!!...;-)

Crowbard said...

Coo dear me! If a hog-bean's a snack then that supper was a Celestial Banquet.
Bless your little bellies !!!

Crowbard said...

PS. Beautiful roses, sensitively arranged and skilfully depicted.

Unknown said...

Hi, 4Ds. Ann, who is trying to lose a little weight, recently made much the same remark about aquiring more chins, and I gave her a bit of advice regarding hiding double chins which may be of more use to you than it was to her :- Grow a beard.

Thanks, Crowbard.

Lori Skoog said...

Ahhhh...don't you just love roses?
You two are social butterflies....