Friday 11 December 2009

Friday.

 


Above picture is of a corner of our garden, where these primula are giving us a last burst of colour, and I include them especially to cheer up fellow bloggers Lori and Gary, who are in the middle of a blizzard.

Went by train to London today (last visit this year, I hope). Spent the morning at the Tower of London, where we also had lunch with friends. Got home just before 4p.m.- going to be a nasty, foggy night, I think. We plan on going out this evening to our local cinema club, to see a film about Gilbert and Sullivan (can't remember the name of the film). It's supposed to be good. We'll see.
More blog later probably. Got to do some work now.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

DILLIGAF said...

I like primulas. Carol introduced me to them.

I have a confused tree in my garden. As the Autumnal leaves fell away it suddenly warmed up a bit and buds appeared.

I've a feeling this weekend may remind it what bit of the year we're in!

I remember Gilbert O'Sullivan - didn't like his music...;-)

Lori Skoog said...

Mike...that's rubbing it in! Do you EVER get snow????

Unknown said...

Hello 4Ds. I have a fan trained Egremont russet, which has done just the same - finally shed its old leaves - in the past few days- and is now growing small new ones. I think, as you suggest, it's about to learn the error of its ways!!

Sori, Lori. Yes, most winters lately we've had one real snowfall, last year it was in November, then no more. I'm old enough (just) to remember the bad winter of 1946/7, when I was young enough to build huge snowmen, which we did. Ann and I married in February of 1963, which was the worst winter in living memory, and villages in our area were cut off for days. And I remember being told horror stories by old people of the dreadful winter of 1895. So the answer is that we do get real snow, but not often, I'm glad to say. My ideal snow, is two inches on Christmas morning, seen through glass, and gone by lunchtime.
Cheers, Mike.