Monday 21 December 2009

Monday.

 


Mother and daughter.
Today we drove over to Wisbech to collect Gran, who is staying over Christmas. It was a lovely morning. Quite deep snow in places, so I thought I was going to get lots of photoes of Suffolk countryside and villages under snow. My camera thought otherwise. The batteries ran out, and as I keep spares in the car, I thought there'd be no problem. But there was. I think because I'd left spare batteries in the car, not used it for nearly a week, and in very cold weather, the spare batteries refused to cooperate. Once we were home, at about 4 p.m. I put recharged batteries in, and normal service was immediately resumed. Great relief, as I'd convinced meself that it was the camera itself that was playing me up. Could have been worse. When we reached Gran's flat she'd been packing ready for the journey, and said to me "Now I'm a hundred and one, I'm beginning to find it rather difficult to do things that I could do quite easily when I was only a hundred."
I think I was having my leg pulled. But it was a pretty good 'Grannism'; and on that note I bid you all a good night.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Crowbard said...

I also have Dorothy's problem of aspiring to last year's level of achievement and ability; the only way I can possibly hope to achieve her longevity is to spend the next few decades as quickly as the last one has blurred into the past. It seems such folly to go to all that effort to achieve so little and then instantly forget whatever it was that happened!!!! Thank goodness I'm still compos whatsit!
PS Merry Christmas to all your readers and your good selves.

Crowbard said...

PPS
Clever 'Pooter says 'bionym' - literally Greek for 'the name of life' - I think she is saying that my previous comment reflects the essential nature of life.

DILLIGAF said...

What a magic 'Granism'!!!!

Happy Christmas to you and yours old bean and a peaceful New Year too.

4D x

(er..the x is for the ladies I hasten to add)...;-)

DILLIGAF said...

ps...Carol is taking me to my first ever Christmas service at St Peter and Pauls, Harlington on Christmas Eve.

Keep it quiet though...;-)

Unknown said...

Thank you Carl.
Hello, 4Ds. Thank you for your comments. We wish you, Carol, and your daughter a very happy Christmas, and a good new year.
Warm regards, Mike and Ann.

Unknown said...

P.s. Should have said 4Ds: We used to go to Midnight Mass on Christmas eve. But these days it means staying up till the early hours, then getting up early on Christmas morning to see the grandchildren unloading their stockings, so now we just go to family Eucharist on Christmas morning, usually accompanied by Great Gran, and whichever children and grandchildren wish to come. Cheers, Mike.