Tuesday 12 February 2008

Tuesday.

We seem to be having a run of frosty nights (not really hard frosts - just enough to whiten the roofs) and bright sunny days - absolutely brilliant weather for February. Most of today I've been pottering in my workshop - doing a good many 'ten minute jobs' -case hardening a firesteel from a tinder box for a dealer friend, doing an 'invisible' lead solder mend on an Adam style candlestick (one of a pair, and rather grand), sorting out a clock pendulum, cleaning brass, etc. I think I've been doing these jobs to put off a fairly major job on a clock hand that I really must do tomorrow (dreadful thing self knowledge!!). This afternoon we walked into town to do a little shopping. Ann's cold is rather better but she's been feeling a little lethargic after it -not like her. Must knock off now- got an early start tomorrow. God bless you all.

1 comment:

Nea said...

Hope you're better soon Ann-cestar.