Friday 1 February 2008

Friday.


Been decorating a cake today (see illustration). The ' Churches together ' movement decided to celebrate St. Valentine's day with a 'Love is' exhibition, Old Wedding dresses on display etc. One of the ladies baked a cake, Ann iced it, and I was volunteered to decorate it. This is the result. I can only do two sorts of flowers - seventeenth century looking drooping tulips and Victorian cabbage roses (this is the latter) . Not very weddingy, I suppose, but it's red roses, and the best I can do, anyway. Hope they all like it. This afternoon we motored over to Sudbury to see the dentist. I'd lost a filling- well I hadn't lost it- I kept it and offered it to the dentist to see if he could shove it back in again- he declined to reuse it but refilled the tooth anyway - whole thing took him about seven minutes - he never wastes any time, but it was good of him to see me at such short notice- only 'phoned him this morning. As we were in Sudbury we took the opportunity to do some grocery shopping at Waitrose's which has a decent little canteen. Ann helped at the Luncheon club this morning so we had a sandwich at about eleven, and by the time we passed the Waitrose canteen at about five we were ready to eat (especially as there was the scent of a good curry wafting towards us), so we had our hot meal of the day there - a Rogan Ghosh with a special rice, - can't remember the name of it- it was delicious, thoroughly enjoyed it - had a glass of cold milk with it. Been a busy day, time to knock off now, Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: