Sunday 24 February 2008

Sunday.

Snapshot of Ann's amaryllis admiring itself in a mirror - it's a vain creature, but with good reason for vanity - it's a flaring great dramatic beauty of a plant. Sunday much as usual. Family Eucharist this morning. Choir back in usual choir seats, having tried new (and not very successful) seating arrangement at previous one. After service met the new member of the Stranach family -Finlay- very bright and smiling baby. Got to him first and relieved mother of him for a short time (until a bevy of church ladies turned up, relieved me of him, and organised a rota) -proved a most sociable child- great fun. After lunch did some smithing work in the potting shed on a tinder box. As the forge is in the shed and the anvil outside I had to heat up the work, charge outside, bash away with a hammer as the work cooled, then back inside to reheat. Did this about five times but it went well, and I'm pleased with the result. I'd left the anvil outside partly because it's a serious weight on a shed floor, and partly because I don't suppose I'll need to use it more than about once a year ; but when I do need to use it nothing else will do. Roast pork again this evening. Oh, by the way, I said yesterday that it was Tamworth, well apparently it isn't - it's Gloucester old spot. It's rather fattier meat than is fashionable these days, but it's VERY tasty !!! Must close now. God bless you all.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: