Sunday 10 February 2008

Sunday.

I think I'm going about this using a long way round. However, the previous four pictures are all of the wash road at Welney, all taken at Suspension Bridge (not that it is now a suspension bridge - hasn't been since 1926 I think, and there's been two bridges since then) last Wednesday; two at about midday and two on the way home at about 5pm when the sun was setting. We had been to see Gran in Wisbech, and called in on Mick and Erica on our way home. And now I come to think of it, it wasn't last Wednesday but Friday. On Wednesday we went to the antique fair at Long Melford. Liz Alport had stayed overnight with us. She bought one or two pieces of restoration work with her, and also (bless 'er) a brace of partidge and a pheasant. We had the partidges for dinner on Thursday evening. Ann had again cooked partridges in a delicious sauce. She told me there was a glass of madiera in the sauce - it seemed to work very well. Been a busy week - can't remember all of it. I think I'll have to try and make a habit of entering things on blog daily. When I try and do it weekly I find I've forgotten things I'd intended to put on it. Ann has just told me that we're due to take tea at the Deanery, so I'd better knock off now - may add more later.

No comments: