Thursday 2 October 2008

Thursday.

Not a good photo, I'm afraid, but I had to record a wild dog violet in flower on the second of October (!!!!!) in our garden. Long Melford antique fair yesterday. Quite a good one. An American couple (dealers) bought a very fine, dated, pierced brass, coach warmer and a good tinder box from us. We also sold most of the remaining Scandinavian metal ware. Got four or five pieces of Swedish treen left.Took in with me a brass snuff box, with a combination lock built into the lid. The box was locked when I bought it, and I left it with Graham the fair organiser, who loves locks and is very good at persuading them to open. He brought it back to me just after midday - now open. It was, he said quite a complicated one, with two clock dials, a movable moon, and two sliding studs, all on the lid. He'd enjoyed unlocking it, and obviously it's now far more saleable with the combination written down. Second of these I've had this year. Almost supper time - with choir practice to follow, so had better knock off. Good night all.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Crowbard said...

Is it extremely early do you think? Or is it, like me, just very slow, late and confused?

Whenever, it is a very welcome arrival!

Unknown said...

Well, all sorts of things seem to be having a late second flowering this year (got one or two sweet peas out) So perhaps it's that. Cheers, Mike.