Saturday 27 September 2008

Saturday.

This morning I drove to Manningtree Railway Station where I caught the 9.52 am train to Liverpool Street Station. Ann met me and we went to Ponti's, had a coffee each and shared a piece of their excellent pannetone. We then caught a series of 'buses to Chiswick High Street and walked round to Lizzies. Had a sandwich and cuppa then went out and grocery shopped. Ann bought me the new P.D.James book forChristmas. (As I've already bought her an amber necklace - in Ribe- we are now quits). Also found a good book on the engraver, Thomas Bewick, in a bargain bookshop. As we were now laden with groceries and books was only too glad to catch a 'bus back to Lizzies (or near). I've just realised I am neglecting my Saturday duties, so must stop and get on with the Telegraph crossword. Cheers All.

2 comments:

Nea said...

Hope it was a good one!

Unknown said...

Yes, but it didn't take long. Love, Pa.