Saturday 4 October 2008

Saturday.


This is a snapshot of the snuffbox I mentioned yesterday. I must say that I find the idea of a brass snuffbox that has been made with five different indicators that have to be in the correct position before it can be opened very redolent of the late georgian period. And a fascinating little artifact.

Ann's gone to see Gran today. I'd promised to go to scrabble club in case of further problems with the younger generation, so couldn't accompany her. There were no problems, and my table had three good games. Phyllis won the first, I won the second, and Phyllis and Kevin came first equal on the third. The club is becoming very popular - we had to put up a fourth table to accomodate everyone.

Ann's just got home from Gran's, so I'll knock off - Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Crowbard said...

They say there's a small ravine at the back of The Saracen's Head in Diss where revelers who have imbibed to excess go to throw-up.

It is known locally as Diss Gorge!

Nea said...

And when they Diss Gorge into a high wind it's known generally as Diss Gusting!