Friday 27 April 2007

Friday.

Cold morning. Friends Terry and Diana came to lunch - soup (celery, leek and chicken- homemade) smoked salmon with salad and home made bread, then coffee with some of Ann's apricot flapjack (all simple stuff but absolutely delicious). Pottering on the computer this afternoon. Found myself falling asleep over the keyboard, so went upstairs, arranged myself horizontally, and slept for an hour. Awoke to a lovely sunny afternoon, and resumed pottering till six, when we ate (early for us because we've been invited to the preview of the Art exhibition which we'll be occasionally stewarding during the coming week) . Whenever I use the computer now, it bloops occasionally and announces that Matt has signed in. I think this is a legacy of granddaughter Georgie's stay when she used the computer for purposes of 'revision', and has somehow I suppose left her brother Matthew hooked up to it. I don't really mind, as after announcing Matt's presence the image fades after a few seconds. It's rather like having him here as he usually enters a room where I'm working, says "Hi Pa" and then fades away again seconds later. Must close and go and look at some art. Mem: leave chequebook at home this year.

2 comments:

Mr Martin said...

I can second that - Ann's apricot flapjack is glorious!

Crowbard said...

Hi Mike,
You can send Matthew a message and have a written conversation with him while he is logged on. Just click on the 'Matthew has logged on' message and follow the instructions. I'm sure he will be pleasantly surprised.