Tuesday 12 March 2019

Tuesday.


I don't know if anyone remembers me talking about the clock illustrated? It is a small (dial 4inches square !!), London made (circa 1730/40)   timepiece alarum that I spoke of on this blog, a few months ago, when I'd first taken it on.  It's now approaching completion, and I'm quite pleased with it, although everything that could go wrong with it has done. This , I'm afraid, is more the fault of your blogger that the clock's !  However, I've taken my time and rather enjoyed it.  I know the owner will be pleased to have it back, although he still reassures me that there's no hurry over it.

Being called upstairs to lunch by Sal, who is responsible for getting me and the Blog together again - getting to be a lazy ole man.   More later I trust.

2 comments:

Tim Clayton said...

Looks a little beauty. TC

Mike said...

Thank you Tim - it is. Had to do a lot to it though.