Friday 19 October 2018

Friday.

Spent a very pleasant day. Been trying  to sort out the blogger again. I mean by that, to sort out  how to put  photos on  this  blog. Our good friends  Margaret and John came to lunch. It was good  to see them, and, as always,  very relaxed. After lunch  John  tried  very hard to sort out how to put photos on this blog -  not  altogether  successfully, but he got  a lot nearer to success than I  have done lately. In fact, it's  largely due to John's advice that I think  I may  well  manage to put  yet another photo of the Morning Glory  flowers on this entry (Ipomea).  The fact that John was unable to conquer this machine made me feel a bit better about the matter; he  having been using computers regularly since the early  days of  computers.  Actually  I was using a computer a good deal in the  seventies, but that was when computers were largely memory banks, and  a  good deal simpler  than they are now.

I've been asked to restore a small,  London made, lantern timepiece alarm,  and, over  thelast few days, have been making  some  of  the  missing  parts. Very satisfying work, especially as the  clock owner stresses that there is no hurry about the matter - so at the moment it's proving an enjoyable, indeed rather a restful job.   Almost wooden hill time, so I wish  my readers  a very Good Night.

No comments: