Tuesday 28 May 2013

Tuesday.


Firstly - Yesterday, Monday, we motored over to Quy Mill, in Cambridgeshire, to have lunch with Ann's brothers. The four siblings are shown above : David, Timothy, Ann, and Michael.
                                        --------------------------------------------------------

I mentioned on my last blog entry that our garden is awash with aquilegia flowers (or Grannies' nightcaps, as we called them in the fen area of Norfolk). All the rest of today's photos illustrate them  :-




 The one above is (I think ) my favourite.

 This one (above) is my least favourite. It always seems a bit perverse to me, that anyone should spend their time trying to breed a BLACK flower, but I illustrate it to show what colours and shapes these flowers can produce.

The snapshot above shows that they have even attempted to take over our herb garden. There are swathes of aquilegia all over the garden. We both like them, but they really can become an invasive flower. If they increase next year at the rate of the last three years, I imagine that early next summer I will have to keep a machete just inside the kitchen door in order to hack a path through them to the garden gate whenever we want to go out.
               Good night All.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I think we've got some of those growing in our garden. I will go and have a closer look if it ever stops raining.

Pat said...

Your aquilegias are superb.